This past weekend resulted in a very comical scenario (unordered list):
- I have now have a new cell phone.
- I currently have a motorola V710, and its a great phone. But its a big phone (almost annoyingly big), and the battery life is abysmal. Its been losing its charm day by day, and I really became fed up with it overall.
- Sunday morning came, and I started talking about wanting to get a new cell phone. Playful arguments ensued, and the determination was made that I could not get a new cell phone at this time.
- My parents were coming down to visit and grab some wedding pics, so I started getting ready. Ate some quick breakfast, showered… Then, I grabbed my V710 (Still wrapped in Towel)
- I delicately slide my V710 onto the bathroom counter… The V710 continues to slide, nearly stopping at the edge of the counter, but ultimately diving off the counter.
- The V710 bounces off the wall mounted toilet paper roll…
- The V710 bounces on the rim of the toilet seat…
- The V710 submerges itself completely in the water of my toilet…
- I grab the V710, flip it open, and watch the screen display an assortment of torrid colors before fading to darkness.
- I pulled the battery as soon as I could, but damage was done… Even nearly a week later, the phone’s buttons do not work (although, it will boot up correctly).
So, I am now the proud owner of a motorola razr V3m. And this phone is phenominal. It has EVDO (which, apparently stands for EVolution Data Optimizer) – Basically, my cell phone is pretty much broadband speed. I haven’t found a speed test that will work on the browser, but it is light years past my V710’s internet speeds.
This RAZR also maintains all the functionality of my V710 – It plays mp3’s, it plays 3gp videos, it has a MicroSD slot, it has a 1.3 mp camera (which the quality is much better than the V710 as well). Not bad considering that it was 80 dollars vs. almost 160 for my V710 over a year ago.
Overall, it was a very funny situation. It’s not every day your phone ends up in the shitter.